This blog is a result of the spark my Aunt Martha ignited in me to CREATE! She said, "you must create everyday...it is a gift and it would be a shame to waste it". "Two hours a day" she said...I balked. Does creating supper count? Stacks of brightly colored folded laundry? Nope. Trust me, I would LOVE to have two hours a day to create, and some days I have the time to, but mostly I find it hard to have two hours. However, I am committed to not waste the gift and the projects you see here are the product of my unleashed passion.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

The catalyst...


Pictures of the passport case I made in the class at the John C. Campbell Folk School in Brasstown, NC. It is wild and dimensional, but I love it!



























My Dad's sister, Martha, showing her passport case, which signified her sabbatical journey.


The silk lining I painted for inside my passport case.


Our display at the end of our week at the folk school.


This was part of the oil painting class display at the end of our week at the folk school. Something about the way the paintings sat on the steps with the light streaming through the window spoke to me. I loved how it looked like a painting itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment