This blog is a result of the spark my Aunt Martha ignited in me to CREATE! She said, "you must create everyday...it is a gift and it would be a shame to waste it". "Two hours a day" she said...I balked. Does creating supper count? Stacks of brightly colored folded laundry? Nope. Trust me, I would LOVE to have two hours a day to create, and some days I have the time to, but mostly I find it hard to have two hours. However, I am committed to not waste the gift and the projects you see here are the product of my unleashed passion.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Felting Fun

I have wanted to try my hand at felting for a long time. I even attempted it with a couple of old pieces of clothing and a knitted swatch, but failed, because I did not know that the wool had to have AGITATION to felt! Below are some examples of my experimentation this past week.
My first experiment. Knitted, felted and then the next day some practice embroidery, which did not turn out so well since there is not enough contrast with the wool. But I think some more design ideas and I might just have a cute pin.
Little felt balls, before and after felting. I'm thinking these would be fun to surface embroider and then string for a bracelet, or use on a keychain.

A little knitted heart with wool I dyed (next post!)
A little crocheted heart.



A bigger crocheted heart, which I don't care for since it shows the stitches too much. But, I will not just post my successes here, it is after all a journey and failures have their purpose too.
Might be cute on the front of a journal though. Buttonhole stitch the edges??
Yes, you will probably see my cat's hair on most of my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment