This blog is a result of the spark my Aunt Martha ignited in me to CREATE! She said, "you must create everyday...it is a gift and it would be a shame to waste it". "Two hours a day" she said...I balked. Does creating supper count? Stacks of brightly colored folded laundry? Nope. Trust me, I would LOVE to have two hours a day to create, and some days I have the time to, but mostly I find it hard to have two hours. However, I am committed to not waste the gift and the projects you see here are the product of my unleashed passion.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Creativity...unleashed

All it took was a nudge...a push in the right direction from my creative aunt who I love and respect. She said, "take a class at the folk school...I will pay for it with my sabbatical grant". We took it together. We sewed, beaded, embroidered, ate, laughed, painted, cried (me!), played, dreamed and hugged. It was wonderful! I finished the week feeling so inspired. Aunt Martha said, "you must create everyday...it is a gift and it would be a shame to waste it". "Two hours a day" she said...I balked. Does creating supper count? Piles of brightly colored folded laundry?
Nope. Trust me, I would LOVE to have two hours a day to create, and some days I have the time to, but mostly I find it hard to have two hours. I do WANT to create, so now I have to rearrange my priorities and decide what is most important to me and my family. What do I need to do to make it happen? I am pondering, brainstorming...

I've decided that I will at least do SOMETHING creative every day. It may be a creative experiment to learn something new, or just sitting and doing something creative that I already know how to do. I will chronicle this journey and see where it takes me. Thank you, Aunt Martha, for encouraging me to dream and create.

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered the inside of your heart!! I had no idea you were THIS incredibly artistic and creative! WOW! I love this place--this is like getting to see a thousand different sunrises all at once. You are an artist!
    love you
    s

    ReplyDelete