This blog is a result of the spark my Aunt Martha ignited in me to CREATE! She said, "you must create everyday...it is a gift and it would be a shame to waste it". "Two hours a day" she said...I balked. Does creating supper count? Stacks of brightly colored folded laundry? Nope. Trust me, I would LOVE to have two hours a day to create, and some days I have the time to, but mostly I find it hard to have two hours. However, I am committed to not waste the gift and the projects you see here are the product of my unleashed passion.

Monday, February 9, 2009

The rag rug

Here is the rug I was talking about...I love that it is forgiving and shabby. I mean, seriously, if I make a mistake in this who is EVER going to know it but me?? No rhyme or reason, just happy crocheting time!


My yarn basket has exploded! I need to sit down and wind balls. Do you know how to wind a ball with a center pull string?? I found this great tutorial here and it works great! There are all my handmade knitting needles and some dowels waiting to make some more. That tiny ball at the top is the dark brown (I prefer to call it chocolate, thank you very much!) I mentioned yesterday. Do you notice the colors I am drawn to? It kind of scares me...I'm feeling like it will be hard to escape being a red hat lady someday with my passion for red and purple.
REALLY.SCARY.

I played with knitting some i-cord last night for an idea I have, but kept messing up. Understandable, since it is pretty complicated to knit...NOT! I must have just been tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment